We are looking for a hands-on CFO who can manage all accounting functions providing insights and continuous improvement.
The resource is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Supervises team of approx. 10 resources and reports directly to the CEO.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Report financial results to the CEO
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the CEO
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
The candidate chief financial officer should have a master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 8+ years of progressively responsible experience for an e-commerce company or digital division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance.
- English full proficiency is a must.
- Very comfortable providing management oversight of the organization’s IT strategy.
- Technical competency, ability to understand the technical jargon.
- Forward-looking approach, personal interest to develop technical competency (“geeks” and “early adopters” will be preferred).
- Focused on overall corporate goals and priorities, and have IT spend and prioritization align with them.
- Able to manage dashboards and ERP autonomously.
- Tactical decision making. deep understanding of the e-commerce environment as a basis for making decisions about what may need to be changed going forward.
This is a full time position in Florence.